Pages

Friday 17 December 2010

India Photos Olympus 35mm

Recently i made a trip to India with my brother. the intention was to, 1. travel and, 2. to make a film.
we managed both of these things. and ended up having a very profound experience at the same time. Many people told me that this would happen, I didnt believe them... I do on the other hand believe these sorts of experiences can be found everywhere. but being out of your 'comfort zone' really allows a person to see themselves and life in perspective.
me and my brother we lucky enough to make a short film. while making the film, we noticed some very suspicious activity from the NGO we were filming, ultimately the NGO was corrupt, and selling land to a power company, land which is not theirs to sell. we also left being subject to sexual advances from our guide. two days after filming we left. feeling insulted and abused, but with a sense of exhilaration that can only come from accidentally making an investigative documentary.
The picture you see above is my security pass to go to the Dali lamas teachings. 2 days of teachings. he is a Truly profound man, i feel much of his wisdom helped me establish some of the ideas i had been pondering on for some time. his thinking is a glimpse into the future. a way of thinking that in our current climate and culture would be hard to attain.
We left our India trip with something special. a pair of balls.

































No comments:

Post a Comment